Cancer Harbors is now live and available, it’s an innovative approach to meeting post-treatment needs for cancer survivors. The important things that can get left out when you leave your cancer treatment team behind:
The real, everyday issues you face in between doctor checkups. The ones that remind you of what you’ve been through and wish you could put behind you. Isn’t it about time you felt like you were making forward progress?
For a year-long subscription with a small monthly fee, Cancer Harbors provides:
Videoconferencing to get interactive help from a knowledgeable professional cancer health coach,
Professionally moderated discussion forum for questions and answers,
Regularly updated evidence-based material, features added based on member feedback,
A library of nearly eighty exercise videos for functional improvement: safety, strength, balance, flexibility, and range of motion. Instructional, with the how, why and where of each exercise.
Illustrated, video-enhanced modules that are self-paced and help you take action. With every topic, you’ll build skills for coping with:
- What just happened to me? Your cancer experience in retrospective- and how to move forward today.
- Building the Positive Support Network you need- After Treatment
- Expectations: of yourself, at work, at home, at play
- Resetting and reframing goals that are realistic and attainable so you achieve success, not disappointment
- Chemo brain and cognitive dysfunction and what you can do about it
- The key roadblocks that need to be addressed before you can start to feel better
- Making your environment and surroundings more healing and restorative
- Sticking to safe and effective physical activity that doesn’t feel like a chore
- Planning and preparing meals with less thought-that are easy, inexpensive, and healthy
- Understanding the difference between real science and scams
- Communicating your needs to others and stopping others from draining your energy
- Fear, anxiety, and feeling stuck
- Advocating for yourself and your needs in follow-up appointments
- Making doctor visits less stressful and more productive
- Your changed body, improving function and confidence
- Lingering treatment effects, for less interference with your everyday life
- Overcoming stigma and obstacles to your recovery
- Demystifying Prevention, Risk and Cause
- Sexuality and Sexual Concerns
- Finding and Using Therapeutic Creativity
- and much more!